I haven't posted in a while... OK, I haven't posted in ages. I suck, I know! Work has been really busy, and therefore I have not been able to read much. Ergo, haven't blogged any reviews lately. Excuses, excuses.
My pile of "books to read", however, has grown. I really need to stop buying books for a while and actually read some!
So I thought I'd write some quick thoughts out. I'm thinking about broadening out my theme. I've found "Beauty Heaven" and love all the girls blogs, thoughts and reviews of fun and pretty things! I might start to put some beauty posts up here too... and hopefully this will entice me to post a little more frequently, as even when I'm too busy to read, I still wash my face and wear make up to work every day!
But for now, here's one about eReaders. I've downloaded the Kobo app onto my HTC phone. To be honest, although it feels really disloyal to my 'real' books, I actually really like it. I didn't expect to. I love the feeling of a real book. The weight, the smell, the satisfaction you get as you get further through, knowing you only have 100/40/3 pages left (and the disappointment - or relief - you get from knowing this!).
Pros of eReaders/tablet/phone apps
- It's easy to carry around no matter how big the book is
- Has the added bonus of being able to read it in the dark. Once I'm in bed I really dislike having to get out again, and when I'm away from home I don't always have a bedside lamp. Perfect example - Mum and Dad's house.
- Cheap books, and books/authors I wouldn't necessarily have found or looked at in a book shop.
- Eye strain after reading for an extended period of time
- Doesn't feel like a book as such
- Can't put the books I've read on my bookshelf to brag about!
- Can't loan books I love to family/friends (Though this might be a pro? I hate hate hate not getting my books back, or getting them back in terrible condition)
Do you have an eReader? Do you love it?